вторник, 26 июля 2016 г.

My experience of a professional declutter

My experience of a professional declutter

My experience of a professional declutter

Have you ever considered a professional declutter? I often thought about it but then talked myself round to thinking I could do it myself…but I never actually did it!


My clutter problems


I have always struggled with having a disorganised and cluttered home.


dec2
I blame a few things on this

  1. I was from a poor family and we never had much stuff at all in our home so I have a tendency to want to give my kids everything! Every single book they could want or board game or craft item they ever mention I feel they should have it. I am sure this stems from my childhood – I know it isn’t healthy
  2. I am a blogger and get sent lots of things to review that nearly all seem well worth keeping!
  3. I work from home so the kitchen contains my little desk and all my work papers and bits and bobs as well as too much kitchen stuff
  4. My husband never ever agrees to getting rid of anything!
  5. I am reluctant to accept my kids are growing up and toys to young for them do need to go
  6. I am time short

Despite analysing my clutter and coming up with a rather satisfactory list of excuses/reasons for why it exists tackling it has not been so successful.


I was so pleased to have a declutter session with Suzie Young recently and really begin to tackle the chaos of my home.


Suzie is all about saying good bye to clutter! She sets out to do the following


I can help you work through your clutter in a structured way, avoiding overwhelm but getting you where you want to be (typically leaving you energised, more focused and happier – yay!.


Exactly what I needed! Suzie offers all sorts of declutter/organisation packages and she will tailor them to meet your needs. She gave me a four hour hands on declutter with loads of tips and strategies thrown in. We started with my overstuffed bookshelves disorganised DVDs and games falling and a huge pile of board games!


Oh dear.


Suzie’s approach


Suzie was thorough and methodical stopped me making shortcuts and encouraged me to be decisive. It was so much easier than doing this by myself and I felt coached and supported. Kind but firm was Suzie’s style and I didn’t feel pressured to part with anything just encouraged to clear space and make positive changes.


dec1

I parted with a lot of books to friends and the charity shop, many board games were incomplete and outgrown and I had a huge pile of Playstation 3 games ready to sell (we no longer even have a PS3!)


Rather unbelievably we ended up with 2 clear shelves, DVD’s perfectly stored and ordered and games neatly fitting inside the storage box. Amazing!


dec

Then onto my crazy playroom where the craft supplies threaten to topple on the kids heads so they never use them. Out came everything and it was just ridiculous. I had about 10 staplers 15 rolls of sellotape and so so on. I had kept buying things because I couldn’t find things because I had too much stuff. What a waste of space and money.


dec3
Suzie worked tirelessly to help me create a system to ensure I would know what I have.

dec4
How it felt

The end results made me want to cry a little with relief more than anything. My clutter problem had just been growing and had been overwhelming me and making me feel tired. It had looked a mess and I could never find anything. Not only did it look so much better but I felt lighter too and this better organisation has meant the children play more with their toys because they can find them, reach them and all the bits and bobs are in order. I can access things I need straight away too.


I am so charged up and ready to tackle the rest of the house. I feel full of ideas and strategies and enthusiasm and it feels do-able now.


If you are in need of a professional declutter Nottingham based Suzie Young comes highly recommend. She is gentle powerhouse of a declutterer and will have you organised in no time.


dec5
You can contact Suzie through Facebook or her blog

professional declutter

Happy and Home at A Residence blog

Save


You may also enjoy:


Original article and pictures take abeautifulspace.co.uk site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий